Pre-13th Century: Early Prehistoric people inhabited the Rio Grande Valley and the area now known as Northern New Mexico
13th-17th: Pueblo of Phioge, directly east of Los Lucercos, inhabited by the Tewa people, ancesters of current residents of Okay Owenge formally known as San Juan Pueblo
1591: Spanish explorer Gaspar Castano de Sosa visited the Pueblo of Phigoe
1598 - 1821: Nuevo Mexico governed by Spain
1598: Juan Onate establishes San Gabriel, the first capital of New Mexico under Spain, on the banks of the Rio Grande presently known as Okay Owengeh
1680: Pueblo Revolt
1692: Spanish resettled New Mexico
1702-1705: Sebastian & Antonio Martin-Serrano granted royal possession of 50,000 acres including the land that is to become Los Luceros as payment for service to the Crown
1757: Santiago Lucero married Barbara Padilla, grandaughter of Sebastian-Martin-Serrano, first recorded instance of the Lucero name to the area
1821-1846: Nuevo Mexico governed by Mexico after attaining Independance from Spain
1844: Los Luceros made the seat of the Northern District and Rio Arriba County by the Mexican Government
1846-1848: U.S. Mexican War
1849: Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo
1850-1912: Territory of New Mexico
1850: Maria Marta Lucero married Elias T. Clark who aquired various properties and buildings in the Los Luceros area
1860: Elias T. Clark dies
1862: Civil War in New Mexico
1866: Luis Maria Ortiz ( oldest son of Don Gaspar Ortiz & Maria Magdalena Lucero) marries Clark's daughter, Eliza
1891: Ortiz deeded the Capilla de la Sagrada Familia located at the NE corner of the Hacienda to the Catholic Church
1898: Spanish American War
1902: Abel Ortiz, cousin to Luis Ortiz, was deeded a small parcel of land east of the Hacienda and the Capilla by his father, Lucas. Soon after, the adobe Lucero house was built
1912: New Mexico becomes the 47th state on January 6, 1912
1914: World War I
1922: Some of the Los Luceros Ranch property is deeded by Luis Ortiz to Richard and Caroline Pffafle, the owners of San Gaberial Dude Ranch
1923: Mary Cabot Wheelwright purchases the Hacienda from the Luceros family
1941: World War II
1958: The Wheelwright Museum is willed Los Luceros by the estate of Mary Cabot Wheelwight.
1958-1983: Los Luceros is owned by a number of private owner
1983: Malcom Grimmer gets Los Luceros and the Chapel on the National Historic Registry.
1985: American Studies Groups buys Los Luceros
1999: Los Luceros is bought by the grandaughter of Lady Wheelwright and her husband Frank
1999-2005: Los Luceros undergoes a complete restoration by the Los Luceros Foundation.
2008: Los Luceros is bought by the State of New Mexico
2012: Los Amigos del Rancho Los Luceros is formed as a non-profit.
2013: Los Amgios del Rancho Los Luceros is granted 501(c)(3) status by the IRS.